We’re Empowering the Next Great Civic Leaders…
And we’re already making a powerful impact by leading change within The Grand Strand communities! To us, becoming a civic leader is all about understanding that local efforts have a global reach, and it all begins with creating local leadership opportunities that put women’s skills and passion to work right here in The Grand Strand. If you’re interested in developing civic leadership skills while collaborating on important efforts with a group of like-minded women, you’re in the right place!
The Junior League is a Highly Respected Organization with an Extraordinary Legacy…
And our league, Junior League of the Grand Strand, is very proud of that historic reputation, but as society changes, we adapt and evolve. We strive to put our venerable values to work in modern ways; demonstrating our pride and perpetuating our legacy by serving as a powerful voice for action, justice and change throughout The Grand Strand. Together, we are working to empower our members to give back to the community by helping to provide educational opportunities to children. Our Little Free Library was installed in June 2022 at McLeod Park (6000 Longleaf Dr.) in Myrtle Beach to support literacy initiatives in our area. We partnered with the City of Myrtle Beach to host a Polar Express event in December 2022 where children received books and families enjoyed holiday cheer. We are also committed to our goal of conducting a Community Scan in our 2023-2024 league year to pinpoint how our group can best serve our community. Women in the Grand Stand will lead this important initiative. Will you be one of them?
Become a Driving Force of Change Within Your Community
We accept new members from April 15-May 31. When new members apply, they are invited to join a class that provides them with the tools and information they’ll need to play a crucial role in the Junior League of the Grand Strand’s community goals. To learn more about our work and discover more opportunities to get involved, visit our Community page.
The Junior League of the Grand Strand Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicants must be 21 years of age or older to be eligible for membership. The next open enrollment period will be April 15 – May 31, 2023.
- Applicants must reside within the Grand Strand of South Carolina which includes:
- Georgetown, Pawleys Island, Murrells Inlet, Surfside Beach, Conway, Carolina Forest, Myrtle Beach, and North Myrtle Beach.
- Horry and Georgetown County residents welcome!
- Your First Year Active dues payment of $175 covers membership from July 2023 – June 2024, a name tag, and a JLGS t-shirt
- Your Returning Member dues payment of $155 covers membership from July 2023-June 2024
- Payment accepted by credit card
- Contact our Treasurer-Elect Christie to pay with check by mail – [email protected]
- Payment plans are available. Contact our Treasurer-Elect Christie for payment plan information – [email protected]
- We’d love to meet you! Prospective members have two opportunities to meet current League members:
- Thursday, April 20 from 5:30-7:30 pm. This drop in event will be held in Myrtle Beach at the home of Stephanie Warren, our Community Chair.
- Tuesday, May 16 from 5:30-7:30 pm. This drop in event will be held in Murrells Inlet at the home of Michelle Dzurenda, our Swag Chair.
- For more details and to RSVP, please click here. Space is limited, please RSVP.